Sunday, December 10, 2006

 

Dragons doesn't do giving money to Pam Reed

So no Dragons were up in Oro Valley today to cover the Tucson Marathon/Half-Marathon. Mike, as you read yesterday, passed on the race after setting a 26.2 PR one week ago in California. I honestly can't say I blame him either. But without any other Dragons competing in the event, I had no reason to show and so now there is no official race recap. Yeah, this is kinda a shortcoming on our part, as one of our goals was to bring y'all some race recaps -- but cut us some slack, we're new at this. We'll get a link up to the event as soon as the results are available.

This will, however, end the Grand Prix season with Dragons in 2nd through 4th places in the overall standings. They are a modest bunch, but I'd like to send my congrats to Omni, Mike, and Lucas for quality performances through the year. In fact, 2006 hasn't been a bad rookie year for our new little team. Just a few of the accomplishments:

Most recently, obviously, Mike set a new marathon PR of 2h37m. Really -- all his shorter accomplishments (Turkey Trot, Run'n'Roll, Cinco De Mayo, and Spring XC Classic age group victories, for example) are just kinda icing on the cake, I think. Jason -- who secured 4th in the GP standing in only five events -- along with setting PRs up and down his first complete NCAA cross country season at Arizona, won this year's Fine Valentine 5-miler along with top 3 finishes at the Sun Run 5k, Spring XC Classic, Cinco de Mayo run, and Turkey Trot. And because I only know Lucas had quality finishes up around Mike and Jason this year (and because I am too lazy to search through all the race results again), I will point out Lucas' Tech Trek 10k domination last March where he took top spot by 100 seconds. I remember this well because this was around the same time that I won my age group at the 8K for 88-Crime.

Then, of course, was our team victories at the Spring XC Classic as well as the Turkey Trot.

So, as 2006 winds down here, I'd have to say it was a decent inaugural year for Dragons.

Also, we're going to be at Old Chicago next Wednesday to blow our Turkey Trot victory gift card (in case, I dont know, you wanna come take photos or something).

Finally, I think that if we are in this kind of position next year (with no one Dragon looking to race the marathon or half) then we should field a Dragons relay team.

Turkey Trot Recap
-- My 88 Crime Recap -- Mike's Most Recent Marathon Recap





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?