Friday, November 24, 2006

 

Victory

After completing the last step of the 66,000 meters of cross country running I raced this season on Monday, I was more than happy to shut it down for a bit. However, with the Thanksgiving Cross Country Classic looming just 3 days later, I knew I had to find an external motivator to finish the season. After running through a catalog of reasons to run, I settled on just one:

A Dragon never abandons another Dragon. We are a team, goddammit!

So, yesterday morning, I tried valiantly to win the race for the team but failed. Although, our collective team performance led to complete dominance of WOG Dragonslayers and an all expenses paid dinner to a local pizza franchise.

For me, the race did not go as planned as I felt absolutely horrible while struggling to a 15:51 5K. The rest of the guys helped cement the victory with a times of 16:38, 17:21, and 18:39 for a cumulative team time of 68:30:00.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Comments:
Coach Li clearly needs to do a better job of peaking you guys for the Trot. I mean, there was you, and then a shocking number of DNS's.
 
Excuses excuses....boy, I've never heard this all before.
 
DNS= Did not start
 
I saw Abdi at Championship last night and when I inquired about his no show at the Trot he replied, "LLAAHHHHHHH" (in a very Abdi like fashion).
 
..and waited in line for 30 minutes to do so.


Also, I did some math and discovered that even without Lucas and Kyle scoring, a Dragons team consisting of Mike, Blax, Petie, and I still would have pulled out the victory by 7 seconds.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?