Friday, May 11, 2007

 

What can I do?

Today, I will be a college graduate and will be quickly thrust into the Corporate world. While graduation usually leads to the beginning of "real" life, it marks the end of the a time where running can be done without much interference. In college, you can train at any time and easily get in mileage and workouts. Plus, if you are afforded the opportunity to compete for your school, traveling to and entering races is not contingent upon the availability of money and, most important, time. Now, the days of doing runs at 10 AM because you slept in till 9:45 on a weekday are gone by the wayside and replaced by the unfortunate training times of before 6 AM and after 6 PM. Oh well, I am still going to continue training.

In regards to my training, I am on a crash schedule to get in shape for the Tucson 5000, Accetta's downtown race, and the Camp Pendleton Mud Run. So, my weekly mileage has increased steadily over the course of the past 3 weeks to the tune of 35, 45, and 55 for this week. I have also managed to fit in a few workouts including two tempo runs and two track workouts. What has been lacking in my program is a long run but I will correct that come next week where I will try and fit in a 15 miler sometime before the 5K.

Hopefully, come next Sunday, I will manage a 5k under 15:40.

Bear Down

Comments:
graduation '07, weeeeoohhhhh!!!
 
How about doing that long run the day before? Seriously, good luck at the race.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?