Monday, May 14, 2007

 

Sorry I haven't posted, I was waiting in line for the new Linkin Park album

It's been quite a streak since I last wrote anything on here. I actually didn't think I'd be getting around to it until maybe later this week but I got some time before I have to leave for the first day of my internship here. The last few weeks have been a bitch, to say the least, and I'll be honest in saying that I don't think I made any progress recently. Quite a few missed days -- coupled with short, slow runs when I have gotten out -- represent the opposite of my January hopes of having a decent schedule down come this, the start of summer. I don't have very good time management to start with so adding in the stress of finals etc pretty much makes a watch completely useless for a couple weeks. I'm more and more impressed when I read about Mike getting slammed at work and still popping out 13 milers (no long runs for me for a couple weeks).

Anyways, I missed the Cinco Race and am now 'focusing' on the Tucson 5000 this Sunday, May 20th. Obviously I am a little short on time to be fixing whatever I've lost since the Spring XC Classic but I am still hoping to be under 18 minutes (let's be reasonable) which almost seems like a reasonable effort considering how sub-par my racing went when I was training well.

Perhaps this summer will have to include some all-comers track meets and Parks and Rec road races so I can, at least, have a little fun out there.


Summer Races -- If we get this, we win in Iraq -- T5K

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?