Friday, April 27, 2007

 

We can make it if we take it slow

Looking at the calendar last Sunday, the running schedule looked something like, "55-60 miles, 2 workouts on the track, long run Sunday of 11-14." The rest of calendar was filled with scribbles and crossed out/moved due dates for assignments, exams, take home tests, reviews, lab reports, and -- now -- Wednesday night softball games at Sportspark.

We lost our inaugural game 35 - 6 in six innings. I went 0 - 2 with a fielder's choice and a fly out to shallow right field. I also scored a run.

Next week is looking surprisingly empty as I have a single Statics assignment due Wednesday morning. Unfortunately, the plan was for me to get in a solid week this week because next week is the Cinco 10k. However, as I'm sure you could guess, there were conflicting issues and I just knocked out workout #1 this morning at Tucson High. It was quite similar to last week's 2x1000, 2x800, 4x400 with half-distance recovery -- but a pinch faster. I don't have my watch with me right now but it ended up looking something like this:

2x1000 (goal: 3:22) -- 3:22, 3:20
2x800 (goal: 2:40) -- 2:39, 2:39
4x400 (goal: <80) style="font-size:85%;"> I think PA is great -- This is actually pretty accurate given that it's from an active military officer -- In-N-Out still the biggest thing in Tucson

Comments:
So I don't know what blogger did to my post but I ain't refinishing it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?