Sunday, April 22, 2007

 

W/E 4/21

You know, blogging about my training encourages my impulse to congratulate myself. Being able to congraulate oneself is healthy, but considering the status of my fitness, encouraging it is a distortion of priority. I will announce, nonetheless, that I executed week one of the Uplift Mofo Mud Run Training Plan to a tee.

Monday I set out in the morning fully intending to run 30 minutes. I ran 15 minutes out, but on the way back, my "engine" just shut off after 25 minutes. I shouldn't think of myself as too much of a sage when it comes to "listening to my body," but there was a certain feeling that told me that calling it right there was the best move.

Thursday I advanced my Speedway run from afternoon to morning. I think I was hungry. I've had some great runs and workouts when I was a little hungry, but this wasn't one. It wasn't bad--it was just nothing triumphant.

Saturday I woke up, thought about Tumamoc, and was scared all the way to the far northeast side. This, of course, meant Snyder. My low ebb workout for Snyder had always been 4x30 seconds, but I lowered it to three on Saturday. To top it off, I had extra recovery because I shed a layer after each rep and at one point stopped to give directions to a hippy. I'm not one for pigeonholes, but this guy was straight crunchy. I pointed him toward River and Sabino Canyon Roads, where I assume the Yonder Mountain String Band was performing.

Saturday was also the Spring Cross Country Classic, which I'm sure I declared my steadfast intentions to enter some time ago. Then I forgot about it because forgetting about things like that is cool. But I'd like to make clear that the idea of an open cross country race and the idea of an open cross country race with a keg both have my admiration. I heard that a certain Ol' Dirty "called me out" for the Tucson 5000. When the man speaks, one listens--I'll be there.

Speaking of calling people out, I would like to "call out" Omniscient as to whether or not he owns My Life by Bill Clinton, and if so, whether or not he would lend it to me. Get at me about that.

Comments:
I did own it and I have read the book in its entirety. However, now, my copy is in the library at a hostel in Spain as I swapped out for A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

I think my older bro has a copy so I will hunt it down for you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?