Friday, March 02, 2007

 

W/E 3/3: Please do call it a comeback

I was going to simply point out that Omniscient's confusion of the word "confounds" for "confines" comes as a shocking affront to this blog's august standards, but then I realized that, in light of his recent injury woes, this would be more constructive for everyone involved.

In other news, I'm currently in another upswing after my most recent bout of sedentary indulgence. I've actually been enjoying running quite a lot, emphasizing a sensible three session per week objective, and even adding a fourth if I'm feeling spry and unimaginative. Most recently I ran 25 minutes on Speedway going west from El Rio golf course. This route probably comes closest of all to fulfilling the nonsensical amalgam of things I look for in a place to run. Other than that, I've hit Tumamoc a couple of times and broken off a few steady 30 minute jobs in the midtown area.

On the culinary front, I am in official retreat from my apprenticeship to Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook due to budget constraints and also because it was wholly absurd. Tony Bourdain's still my dog, it's just that, of all my thinly veiled attempts to make my life seem more like it took place in New York City, this was first on the chopping block. I will be looking to adopt a more classic young-single-adult-pragmatic-sustenance-on-the-cheap-approach. At the very least, Bourdain taught me how to make more creditable French fries.

Finally, because it's priceless, I would like to share Blaxabbath's assessment of Liberian president Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf-- "Worst Maya Angelou impression EVER."

Happy running, hardy healing...

Comments:
If you want to feel more like you are in NYC, we can kick rent up to $1400.
 
in that case i would live underneath the city in the sewer system.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?