Monday, March 05, 2007

 

I'm gonna see 300 at the IMAX

After Friday's 10 alone, I was pretty thrilled to get the invitation to knock out 8 around Starr Pass with WOG/Slayers Mike and Randy. While training with the enemy is generally looked down upon, I'm just so damn tired of running by myself that I would have ran with damn near anyone at this point. So Mike picked me up Saturday morning and the three of us went for an hour on the west side trails. About halfway into the run, I could tell that I wasn't completely recovered and that made the last couple miles much less enjoyable. However, listening to Randy's stories coupled with my satisfaction of being back on mileage pace (with a single run left for the week) when it was all over made the effort worthwhile. The schedule called for "45+" for the week -- but with next week's "45 to 50", I saw no reason to get crazy and just decided to go out for an easy 10 yesterday.

Unfortunately, yesterday started off cooler and windier than I would have liked so I decided to wait until the afternoon to do my run. The previous two days were starting to build and I decided that I just didn't feel like fighting wind as well as fatigue. Come 4 o'clock it pretty much looked like the wind just wasn't going to die so I laced up for 10 miles on my Greasewood loop. Heading west through downtown and to Greasewood (Pima's west campus) in 30 mins, I wasn't too bother by the wind. This run is a nice change of scenery for me because I can't really do it during the week without being consumed by traffic pollution -- something that can pretty easily be avoided in Tucson. However, turning south on Greasewood, I got pretty much pounded by the wind and this continued until I got home 40 minutes later, thus, making my run nearly unbearable.

Still, being finished right around the 7:30 pace I had gone out to hit, I was a little surprised that my breathing had been hardly labored during this run. Probably because the legs were really dictating the pace for that run. Anyways, that rounded out the week at 46 in six runs with one workout and a long run (actually 2 -- but only one was really scheduled). This week will look like 45 to 50 with my second effort at that tempo run from last Tuesday and then a hill effort on Thursday and a longer Sunday run. I'll have to be sure to run my easy days easy here or I could see this one getting ugly.


Tech Trek 10k -- Sabino Canyon Sunset Run is back -- 300 in theaters/IMAX on March 9

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?