Monday, February 05, 2007

 

Amber Alert -- Mud Run

Train told me that the June 9th Mud Run was sold out. No shit -- these events sell out like fucking pronto. I spoke to J about this issue and since I was the only Dragon registerred at this point, I wrote the RD and had her move my registration to the June 16th edition.
Mr Blax -- as one of our top finishers last year, we are happy to grant your request. We also look forward to receiving the registrations of Mr Levario and the rest of your party. The Mud Run is pleased to have such strong runners showing to our event.
The RD didn't mention some kid whose pal was talking mad shit to J after the womping he laid on the field last year. I don't know the story -- maybe he can elaborate.

The other night I was talking to Mike Levario and he suggested we form some sort of team for the Mud Run team competition. The team competition, for those of you who are not familiar with the race, requires all five of your team members finish at the same time. I guess it's one of those leave no man behind and keep fighting till you can say no man died in vain things. Frankly, I think we'll all be up top in results and any team we put together would just be devastating to the competiton. I didn't really agree with forming a team for the race on these grounds. Then I thought about the fact that J -- who might be shooting at another CR for the Mud Run -- would have to wait for us and wouldn't really be allowed to run his race. I continued to object to the idea but told Mike that, if we could get the necessary people to agree, I would do a team competition.

Then I got to thinking that we simply might not have 5 people. J, Mike, and myself are only 3. I know Lucas knew of this event but I forgot to ask him the other day if he was interested in coming. Still -- we'd be a man short and I think we'd need to get the team registration handled within the next week. I had all but written off the idea of a tem this year until about 45 seconds ago.

You see, this post was supposed to be a lot shorter but as I searched Ask Jeeves for photos of the race, I came across the page of Drunk Running Club (DRC) talking about how they want to take the team division again (after getting second last year). I didn't have to read far into these guys' blog to see that I think they are a bunch of jackasses. For those of you who think I hate for no good reasons -- they say a 5k is 3.2 miles. Now I am fully in support of putting together a team that can stomp these guys' gay-ass 59:14 as well as their rival's 53 and change.

Anyways, all YOU need to take away from this is that if you plan on being part of Dragons Presents: Mud Run Trip 2007, get your registration done (you can do it through Active.com off the race page) because the June 16th registration will surely be filling up soon.

I'll go ahead and leave comments open in case you want to let us know if you got registered/want to do a team.


Mud Run -- Active Registration -- DRC (Assholes)

Comments:
registered!
 
Those guys in the picture must be from Dudes Ravishing Cock.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?