Saturday, January 20, 2007

 

W/E 1/20

My running got way out of control this week--I knew I had been overtaken by a wild undiscipline on Monday when I realized that it was my third straight day of running. Anyhow:
SUNDAY--I ran 25 minutes in the morning. Doing something like running at Tumamoc, which I had the day before, tends to tilt my momentum and make me want to run the next day. I took the 5th Ave. route at a serene time of the week, which is best.
MONDAY--Clearly, it was time for a workout of sorts. Equally clearly, my capacity is not too capacious, so I did a four and a half minute warmup down to the mouth of the ODC, then engaged in a fartlek of two minutes on:three minutes off. Three times. Then I ran the four and a half minutes home. Dave and I joked that I should post it on letsrun.com and ask people what I can run a 10K in based on that workout. I think I'll do that, and then show you the results later.
TUESDAY
WEDNESDAY--I ran 30 minutes after work, but I took my 5th Ave route, which I have conclusively determined is inappropriate for that time of day. While I dislike running on the Rillito, I also dislike lots of interruptions. Afternoon runs shall be kept in the relatively uncluttered direction of Drachman Stadium from now on.
THURSDAY
FRIDAY
SATURDAY--I got up around 8:30, replenished some fluids, then went to Tumamoc and got completely pWn3d!!!1!! (sic). Tumamoc mocked me. I took it as a sign of my depleted fitness last Saturday that I could only managed the first part of the road, then a breather, then the second part, and that was it. But this time, I Gallowalked once on the first part, then didn't even make it to the switchback without stopping and staggering. Then I stopped and staggered up to the No Smoking sign that marks the end of the next part. Then I basically prostrated myself and rolled back down to my car. I wont count this as any mileage because it was basically like going to the gym, warming up on a stationary bike and doing a few squats. I realized I need to get back to Snyder because it is a lot easier. I also realized that if you don't like Patsy Cline, I would like to fight you. I got some grocery shopping done on the way home. I'm gonna try to make coq au vin some time this weekend.

Comments:
here it is-- results were unspectacular:
http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=1727319
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?