Saturday, January 13, 2007

 

W/E 1/13

I have been all over my New Year's resolution to run less. My time not spent on running has skyrocketed. The devil of it is, though, that I have lost fitness. I wanted to enter the Sun Run 10K, cruise for five miles, then see if I could manage a substantial gear change for one mile, then another for the last 200m. Frankly, I don't think I can run 10 kilometers right now. I might try a similar agenda for the 5K, since everything is on a smaller scale for me. I think I ran 20 minutes one day this week, and it was hard. Just today, I went out to Tumamoc (because hill work is still essential to those with no fitness, or more accurately, those who want to burn a lot of calories in not much time because that's what's most important). I only made it to the end of the first switchback, then ran back down and did 10 minutes at the base. These days, if I get up early it'll be to play the piano. I will still post, though, if only to etch a record of my demise as a competitive runner and provide an example to current and future Dragons. An example, that is, of how awesome not running can be.

Week:6 miles

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?