Monday, January 01, 2007

 

In your face!

No. Not run related, of course. After posting on Saturday, I churned out an easy five that evening on the shoulder of ODC Parkway. I thought this was a good move but it may have been rather detrimental as, come an hour into Sunday's run, I fell off like really bad. My final run of 2006 ended with me losing about 5 minutes from the group in the final half hour.

Yeah. But on the plus side, I got my first resolution for '07: No more Frees on long runs. I brought it in with blisters-a-plenty and, though I haven't given closure inspection, am sure I have at least four from Sunday's long run. Thank goodness for chocolate chip-based baked goods, I guess.

So last week closed at 52 miles in 7 days/sessions. I was again wasted from the long run but, with Vanessa Carlton playing at the Block Party in Tempe, Train and I piled into his car for the Valley of the Sun on Sunday afternoon. And, it is from this point, that I tell you all, "In your face!"

I saw Vanessa Carlton LIVE!!!! where she played recent hits like 'White Houses' and 'Half a Week Before the Winter' (a ballad about Vampires and Unicorns at war) -- but not 'Afterglow' -- as well as old hits like 'Ordinary Day' and 'A Thousand Miles'. But what was BEST was how she played FUTURE HITS from her next album, Heroes and Villains. The songs were AWESOME (maybe even better than Huey Lewis) and one of them (I regretfully don't remember what she said it was called), New Years Eve was the first time she played it publicly!! I was one of the first people to hear the song and NO ONE will believe me when it's all on the radios in '07 -- but that's why we keep the blog.

So yeah, New Years was alright. After the fireworks display. Third Eye Blind began playing the first song I heard in 2007, 'Jumper' -- no joke.

TEB fucking sucks.

Upon returning to the Old Pueblo this afternoon, I decided to drag my exhausted ass out the door for an easy siz. Fortunately, my legs didn't feel as decimated as they did last Monday, so I am optimistic that I am getting some sort of reasonable return on my training.

I haven't completely written out this week's schedule yet, but Thursday will probably be an effort so I'd like to do something solid tomorrow as well. I don't know -- I'll figure it out later.


A College Football Playoff System -- Vanessa Carlton -- What a Fiesta Bowl





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?