Tuesday, December 26, 2006

 

We fly high. No Lie. You know this...BALLIN!

Base training is now consuming the life of this Dragon. Last week, I hit 81 miles after weeks of 50 and 65. Granted, my mileage ramp up appears to be at a pitch equal to Snyder Hill, but, in all actuality, 50 and even 65 mile weeks feel like nothing. So, the natural progression for me, at least, was to hit mileage in which I feel I will gain fitness and not wear myself out. Eighty miles a week appears to be the golden ticket as I am both healthy and not incredibly tired.

Anyways, the rest of break appears to be straight up mileage with a few strides mixed in. I plan on hitting at least 85 miles this week with a minimum of 90 miles to finish off break and bring in the first week of 2007.

As far as track goes, my goals are to run sub 14:35 in the 5K, break 3:57 in the 1500, and try and score points at Pac 10's in the 10K. Such an effort will require about a 30:30 to 31:00 10K so the season is going to be geared toward such an effort. I think I am ready to run well this upcoming season and the mileage in the winter only will help ensure that I achieve my goals.

On an unrelated note, when I was running with fellow Dragon, Lucas, on Christmas morning, I commented that last Christmas we only jogged 20 minutes and, yesterday, we ran a little over 9 miles at 6:15 pace. Strangely, I think that alone reveals my development as a runner in the past year and leaves me feeling incredibly optimistic about my future. Staying healthy is always the goal, and, for the most part, I balanced both health and fitness well allowing me to finally excel as a runner and perform to my ability. Anyways, I guess you just need to keep positive, work hard, and your dreams will become reality.

Merry Christmas!

Comments:
You need to go to LetsRun.com. That's where dreams become reality.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?