Sunday, December 31, 2006

 

W/E 12/31: FUBAR STEEZ

Really, my workout on Christmas Day was the only productive or heartening thing that happened this running week. During the family-wide disperese-and-chill session, I wasn't originally plannin on running but just got the urge. I decided I'd do two 800s at 3:00 and two 400s at :80, with 2:00 rest after each 800 and :60 rest in between the 400s. My first 800 was right at 3:00 and then I ran the second in 2:50 without even trying to pick it up, which made me feel rad. I hit the 400s in :80 without a problem.

Throughout the rest of the week, though, the retardedness of my approach to training rendered my training, well, retarded. It was just full of crap runs and not enough sleep, and now my Achilles problems are starting to flair up a little because my shoes were way too old. I'm pleased as punch to be back in the Supernova Classics, though. The new Supernova Controls were alright, but what happens between me and the Classics is straight love. Other than that, I'm sore in ways that don't make sense, and committed to a little time off going into the New Year. Thursday evening, however, did see the longest run of this latest era of my career: 43 minutes.

Be safe out there, Dragons.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?