Monday, December 18, 2006

 

W/E 12/17

I'm back, so let's get down to business:
MONDAY--Monday was the official reinstatement of my Dragons blogging privileges via a 40 minute run. Dave and I headed out from the 821 in the AM and went through that beige dirt desert interstice that's on the other side of Padre Kino's horse's ass, then crossed Kino Parkway (ever wonder why you drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?!?!?! ME TOO!!!), went behind the Drachman track complex, crossed Tucson Blvd., passed my pops's elementary school, and made it about exactly to the Sun Run starting line before turning around for the "back" program of our out-and-back. I dropped Dave's ass through the desert patch on the way back and then remembered that he had taken all of Tumamoc the day before.
TUESDAY--rest
WEDNESDAY--My Snyder Hill zeal is such that I got up at 6 Wednesday morning and drove out there so I could get a session in before work. I think I actually took advantage of the fact that the sun hits the eastside a few moments earlier than the west. I would call this my best Snydedr session yet. I ran two reps of 45 seconds and a third of 30. On the first one I nearly made it to the end of the guardrail, which is uncharted territory. I achieved a deep anaerobic stumulus.
THURSDAY--I launched an ill-fated attempt at a barefoot session after work. The playgroung I'd been using was getting to seem a little small, so I ran over to the park by the snake bridge to see if it had grass, and it didn't, and some sort of "soccer practice" was happening on Tucson High's practice field, so I ran back to the old playgroung intending to do 20 minutes. The grass was dead and full of stiff dead stems, and after 10 minutes and two stickers in my foot I just gave it up.
FRIDAY-- I got high with my friend Smokey after he finished shitting in some bushes.
SATURDAY--Saturday morning I worked out on the ODC. I did about a 12 minute warmup, then intended to run a mile in 6:00, but killed it after I hit 1200m in 4:30. After a two minute walk/jog, I ran 2:00 that started off at 5:20 pace for 400m and then lagged just a little, another two minute walk/jog, and then :60 at 4:40 pace. Then I headed home. My hamstrings still felt tight from the hills.

**************************CHEESE SAUCE INTERREGNUM**************************
Since I thought my workout Saturday morning was special, I was obligated to prepare a special recovery breakfast. I was in the kitchen loathing my typical practice of grating cheese onto my eggs after they're cooked--the cheese doesn't quite melt, and it isn't such great cheese that it helps a dish on its own, unmelted--when I was struck dumb by the unceasing genius of the butter-cream-cheese sauce. I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before, but I just used my trusty Alfredo sauce routine and substituted my breakfast cheddar for my dinner Parmesan and suddenly had not just a solution but a straight up revelation that will launch my training into 2007 on a soaring gastronomic high.
************************************************************************************

SUNDAY--rest.
Weekly total: 16.5 miles

Comments:
Lemme get this straight -- cheddar cheese, cream, and butter are combined and then put over eggs?
 
T5K's bush league. I want Carlsbad. This of course just to serve notice for the '08 Trials.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?