Sunday, December 03, 2006

 

To Summarize

This week ended with 38 miles in 5 days -- well off my goal of the 50 range. I'd attribute it, at least in part, to running the first few days too hard and feeling just tired here at the end of the week. For example, I went out last night with Train and, about 3 miles in, I had to just lay off and bring it in at a relaxed pace.

Second, I need to get off the hard surfaces. Unfortunately, this pretty much requires planning and travel -- so routes are something I am taking into account while I write up this week's schedule. Also, I am going to do a better job of having paces/efforts as well as specifics (for workouts) penciled in ahead of time. Minus the missing an extra day, I actually followed (or exceeded) the daily mileage totals I had put together for this week. I now need to hone in on the details of each day. One of those details will be increasing my average single-run mileage. This will, of course, lead to higher overall mileage -- but more than anything else, I want to prevent myself from slipping into a two-a-day rut of something like a four miler in the morning and a 5 miler in the evening.

Finally, I need to just get through this last time-consuming, gut-wrenching week of classes. Also, our heat went dead this weekend. They are supposed to come out tomorrow and, as I've mentioned before, the climate in my room when I wake up is a major factor in how I approach all facets of my day.

This week should be much better (especially in the long run department if Mike will be hobbling through the half at a pace he'd like some company with) because I'll be able to plan it out with better vision.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?