Saturday, December 23, 2006

 

Still Slightly Lame

I'm officially Blogger-Betalicious so I'm allowed to post again. I enjoyed the Dragons victory feast along with Blax, Lucas and Omni on Wednesday night, which followed an evening run of 10K that finished a trio of Very Bad Runs for me. I don't know if the marathon just kicked my ass harder than I realized, but after running well for a few days things just started to go wrong for me. Here's how the week looks so far-
Mo: 10 miles w/9 at 6:30 pace
Tu: 9 miles around 6:42 pace
Tu: 4 horrible miles in the evening (things started to go bad here)
We: 9 tough miles in Sabino Canyon
We: 6 miles in the evening, felt crappy
Th: off
Fr: 4 easy miles to test the waters
Sa: 6 miles, feeling a bit better

I had originally hoped to be back to harder efforts and some intervals this week, but for some reason I seemed to backpedal after good runs on Monday and Tuesday. What a drag it is getting old. For the last two days I've just been running easy, in an effort to keep the body out of trouble and ready for the long run tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll be back in the pink next week, as my thoughts are shifting away from the marathon and towards the beacon of light that is the Sun Run 10K at the end of January and I need to get ready for the pain.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?