Monday, November 27, 2006

 

The Wager

While I lost to Dan at the Trot, I must say I'm happy with the team victory. For most of the run-up to this race I had assumed Omni wouldn't be there, so I was feeling the pressure of having to take out Dragonslayers #1 man. Luckily for me Jason showed up and took care of business, though when Dan slipped by me somewhere around mile two I have to admit I felt a bit dejected. As Blax explained this leaves me in a distant second place for the SAR Grand Prix, though I can take solace in the fact that I get to force the leader to take the line at the half marathon by dragging my creaky bones to the start a week after my marathon.

Hey, that gives me an idea. What's really missing from the Grand Prix is the true essence of sport. What we need is a good old fashioned bet. First SAR member across the line at the half takes all. What do you say Dan? All you need to do is beat an old, grey 35-year-old father of two who will be running on legs damaged by a marathon the week prior. How about it?

Comments:
Word on the street is that Dan is running the Tucson Half.
 
If I can walk I will run too.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?