Sunday, November 26, 2006

 

Grand Prix Standings: Update

Personally, after Thursday's less-than-acceptable-but-what-are-ya-gonna-do? performance, I wasn't especially eager to think about training some more. Friday was a short and relaxed run that I needed only to work out a couple kinks from Thursday's race. Noticing how unsore I was on Friday only reaffirmed my assumption that I ran Thursday less like a race and more like a poor thresh-hold run. Thank goodness for the heart of Kyle Colavito sometimes.

I can say that after a couple days though I am actually feeling quite optimistic about training. I don't have another race until January's Sun Run for Pima Community College Cross Country and Track & Field 5k/10k and this is good because I really need some straight up training time (I'd like to improve on my 17:34 from last time). Also, I look forward to the Sun Run because it gives me an excuse to think about Rage's hit People of the Sun.

So in all honesty, I hadn't adequately prepared myself to run any sort of respectable time at the Turkey Trot (I can't imagine many factors on Thursday that would have allowed me to run more than maybe like 20 seconds faster than I did) but now I feel like I can hit a decent training period in which I, frankly, won't have to worry about racing or, my bigger stress, being a limiting factor in Dragons' team performances. As far as Dragons issues go, I really only feel the need to worry about uniform shit and what size tees we're all gonna need.

Oh -- and what to order for free at Old Chicago. That's right Grinders!! I was never on your side!!

That was cold -- I'm sure Grinders is some nice dudes. They have that masters guy who wears those glasses and looks like Agent Smith from the Matrix movies -- and that is badass.

Maybe we should try to pick him up and start a Dragons Masters team for 40+ competitors.

I know J will be glad to be finished racing until January as well.

Alright, this all isn't even the point of this post. What I originally sat down to write about was the updated Grand Prix Standings. With only one event remaining (December's Tucson Marathon/Half-Marathon), Dragons Mike Salkowski, Lucas Tyler, and Jason Colavito are holding second through fourth place (I think fifth is the Agent Smith guy from Grinders) standings in the overall GP point totals (behind former Running Shop employee and Arizona Daily Star running clothing model, Dan Maher). Given Maher's 279 point total is 31 points ahead of Salkowski, the individual crown seems Maher's to win so long as he shows for the Tucson Marathon or half-marathon. If he does not, however, it is possible that Salkowski could hobble to an overall victory if he runs the half-marathon only 1 short week after completing the California International Marathon.

Alright, that's all I really wanted to get out there. Solid Dragon representation, if you ask me.


Sun Run -- Grand Prix Standings -- Sun Run 2006 Race Recap

Comments:
If I'm first SAR guy across the line for the half I need only round up 14 other SAR members to beat Dan at the race and win the championship. Sounds reasonable, doesn't it?
 
Is there a subway in Oracle? If there is, I'll pull a Rosie Ruiz on Dan's ass.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?