Tuesday, November 14, 2006

 

Don't Screw it Up

Last week of real work before the taper is done, here's how it went down-
M: 14 easy
Tu: 10 w/3x1 mile in 5:16, 5:15, 5:11 (2-2:30 recovery, 2x800 in 2:30, 2:27
We: 12, moderate progression run
We: 5 very slow
Th: 10 miles w/6x1 minute hill charges
F: 8 miles easy
Sa: 6 miles easy
Su: 18 miles w/15 at 5:54 pace
Total: 83

This whole week was about two things: keeping our two kids alive while my wife was on vacation and surviving the 15 mile marathon pace time trial. I did a better job with the latter. As for the marathon pace run, it's given me the confidence to proclaim I can hold at least 5:54 pace for the Turkey Trot next week.

Three weeks of tapering has begun, and since I'm easing off more than usual I expect all the people who complain I don't taper enough to cry foul and say I'm now taking it too easy. The coach who has been helping me along really seems to know what he's doing though, so I have quite a bit of faith in his system. Going easy now fits in well with my job, as I'm working extra hours these days for an art show and will be without any weekend to speak of.

Sadly, it's time for me to start my fad diet in order to lose what baggage I can around the hips before the big day. Here it is-
No fried food
No soda
Easy on the cheese big boy
No beer

That's it. I can usually drop two pounds a week for thee weeks or so with this. I can't forego the wife's baked goods as they make life worth living.

Comments:
That is a solid week of training. I am very impressed with your workout with Lucas on Tuesday and the MP run you did on Saturday. 5:15's at the Trot should be no problem especially considering you will be in the midst of a taper.
 
It will be nice to run the trot after a taper. You've been on fire yourself and I hope Nats are in the cards for you. Guess I need to check the Citizen to find that out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?