Tuesday, November 28, 2006

 

Cold Front

Training has been coming right along since last week's 27 total miles that seemed like it was half pre-race tapering and half actual 5k racing. So far we're up to 13 miles this week and I feel good heading into my first workout of sorts since the race.

I've done my last couple runs around noon because winter has finally come and I like to avoid the cold as much as possible. The midday run has also worked out well because I don't have to worry about when I can fit in a run in the evening (along with dinner and a reasonable bedtime). While I am limited to runs that generally stay off campus or don't pass through downtown (I don't like running where there are a lot of people), I never really go these routes much anyways so I don't consider it a loss.

Unfortunately, tomorrow through Friday are two run days (nothing crazy, just a few extra miles in the morning) so I will have to face the cold at least a few times this week. Train went out this morning to do a workout on ODC so I'll have to ask him if there are any polar bears out on the ODC these days. For me, today was a longer run so tomorrow will be broken into 2 sessions with the hopes of giving me a little break before Thursday's workout. I'm not entirely sure what my workout is going to entail but I am thinking some sort of long repeats or a fartlek might be in order. I'll get with Petie or Omni about this and see if we can't come up with something. Friday and Saturday will then be pretty standard days before a long Sunday. Should end up sitting somewhere around 50 for the week.

Meanwhile, Dragon Mike Salkowski is in his final days before his shot at the California International Marathon. The following week he will be running in the Tucson Marathon to round out the 2006 SAR Grand Prix Series.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?