Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

Willamette Valley Invite

Improved my last years time by around 10 seconds for a 29:48. I was well off of my goal time by a minute. My finishing kick was quite dismal and pathetic. The race finishes by curling around the outside of a football/track facility, then enters a chain link gate for about 250 meters on the track. About 50 meters before the gate I charged through a group of about 7 runners and led them onto the track, however, they were having none of my weak attempt to lead them in.

I suppose that I was still feeling our Thursday's workout of 8x600 repeats on a trail loop with goal times of 1:55-1:58 ish. My improvements this year have been surprising considering how poor my luck has been this year through being sick then hurt at some pretty crucial times. This was supposed to be one of my shots at getting under 29. It looks like I am going to have to wait until the Bronco Invite at Santa Clara week after next.

Teamwise, we finally have lifted out of the literal gutter at a meet with an 18 of 19 finish, squeaking past Bellvue Community College.

Today's run was a quickly paced 45 minutes to shake the legs out.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?