Sunday, October 29, 2006

 

WCC Recap

I was looking forward to the conference meet because I was coming off of a substantial PR and I figured I would have momentum going into the race. I was very wrong. Although all was not lost and I improved my time for the course by a good 30 seconds. My time ended minutes off of my high goal of 28:30, I ran 30:36 for a solid 6:10 pace. There is now a high mental hurdle in the way of me performing in the manner that I would like to. Physically, I know that I need to put more miles and hills in, that answer is easy.

Portland again handled the competition easily winning their 27th consecutive conference title with a crop of runners that had no experience at Crystal Springs. Their heac coach, Rob Conner, is a really nice guy.

Thats about all I have to say about that.

Comments:
A PR is a PR...keep running strong.

p.s. What is UP's cross country course all about. I have to run a 10k there for regionals in 2 weeks.
 
Thats the same course but we run an extra loop. How was the course?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?