Monday, October 16, 2006

 

Thin Ice

It's getting cold again. This does not pump me up.

Last week we had 'unseasonably warm weather' and I very much enjoyed being able to run comfortably between the hours of 6am and 9pm.

I didn't run this weekend because my soccer cleats are too small and some old dude steped on my toe and I basically spent all Saturday and Sunday in a hobble. Instead, I day-dreamed about being alongside J at Pre-Nats or Petie in his race against Santa Clara. I even lied in bed thinking about hanging on Train's shoulder as he cut through the corn maze at the Children of the Corn 5k.

I'm pretty excited to get new cleats. I think I'm gonna try to find some Mitres.

Anyways, last night I spoke with Train and we agreed to head out together at 6:30 this morning. Like I said before, it was cold -- so I was pretty much quiet and hating life as I just fell in on his shoulder as we ran down past the Kino statue, looped around the UA track/womens' soccer stadium at the Rincon Vista Athletic Complex and tore home to get back into the heat that is an adobe house in sub 74 degree weather.

I thought about making a move at Broadway, but I thought it might have been kinda dick since I don't know what he did last week.

So that was 25 minutes for the morning. The toe is feeling alright to run on for now. I'm going to try to get in a few more miles in another easy run this evening. Tomorrow, I think I will put my run off til after class, do something moderate, then try to hit WOG in the evening. I'm very much enjoying this 'socializing' with members of both genders at WOG...and yes, my leg speed is nothing right now.

Comments:
When are you birds of paradise going to realize that humankind has invented a plethora of devices and fabrics that provide thermal comfort? Pull yourself together...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?