Tuesday, October 03, 2006

 

right on track

Such a pathetic pun. Anyways, today's workout was scheduled to be a 1600, 1200, 800, 400, 400, 800, 1200, 1600 ladder workout. We ended up running 2x 16, 12, 8, 4. The reasoning behind this was my coach wanted to see better times on the 2nd full mile. Pace-wise, the timing went as follows: 5:15-5:23, 4:00-4:08, 2:30-2:36, 75-76. I was happy with my effort. The second effort at each distance hurt very badly as the wind became quite strong around the back stretch of the HS track we were using. Having the lanky, waifish figure that I do, I was struggling even to keep a line in the curves which was distracting, tiring and frustrating.

I have been very pleased with my performance over the past few days. I am finally feeiling the "in shape" feeling that I was supposed to be feeling weeks ago. I feel like my times are going to lose a fairly hefty chunk both this weekend and next.

Mood really can make all the difference. I am stoked especially for the race next weekend at Santa Clara, and after that for the Turkey Trot under the Dragons banner. It has made a world of difference.

Comments:
This is a great workout in preparation for the Thanksgiving Cross Country Classic. Keep it up, Petey!

Dragons!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?