Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

Progress

I'm not especially proud of my running right not but I'll go ahead and share latest since I got another 40 minutes until the new South Park comes on.

So, as of my last update on Saturday, I was planning on hitting a pm run to end my week. I had set goals for this week (which started Sunday) to do two solid efforts over 50 minutes and at least one WOG session.

Well, first, I closed last week with a Saturday evening run of five miles. I ended the week one mile short of the 30 mile mark but was pleased with simply getting out the door six days.

The five from Saturday night was still having its way with my legs as I headed out Sunday morning to begin this week's mileage. It was early so I headed through downtown to the Santa Cruz river. Unfortunatley, that path abruptly ends after a couple miles so I then treked past some Adult Correction Center (prison), hit a stoplight, and ran home. The 63 minutes offered my longest effort in some time. I definitely felt that fatigue 12 hours later at our soccer game.

We won 4-3.

Monday morning did not offer me motivation so I put my run off until the late evening. I felt as unrecovered as I had that morning but got in 28 minutes around the Univeristy campus anyways.

For the second week straight, I missed Tuesday -- due to lack of motivation, exhaustion, and school. This lead to tonight where I still was not feeling up to it (and we all know how missing one day makes it easier to miss a second) but when I got back from class at 7, I saw that it had rained and that smell just called me.

I told myself I would trudge out exactly 15 minutes then get back inside. However, once on ODC parkway, my mind began to wander and I remembered that I also wanted to get close to 35 miles this week and that wasn't going to happen with an 8 miler followed by alternating 3.6 milers/days off. I ended up putting in 40 minutes and I am more pleased with this effort, though I still feel like my legs are tired (as they have felt all week).

Because of a 6:15 meeting with Petey's dad, Senor Pistola, I don't suspect I will be making WOG tomorrow. This is probably for the best as I, still, need miles -- not speedwork. I think I will use tomorrow to log my second 50+ minute run for the week (allowing me a couple days to chill before next Sunday's long run).

***On an administrative note, we hope to have uniform designs and a preliminary roster for the Thanksgiving Day Race finished this weekend.

Comments:
If you need an old guy for said roster you know where to find me, though no hurt feelings if not. I think I can stay for the beer this year.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?