Friday, October 13, 2006

 

Need for Speed

For yesterday's evening run, I went ahead and biked over to Reid Park for some WOG action. I hadn't been to Workout Group since last spring when they BBQ'd and took the group photo. The first one was a nice group photo and then, for the second one, the camera guy told us to all do something crazy.
Let's invade Iraq!
My answer got some laughs and some silent disagreements. But boy is my face red now that they've pretty much got that thing all wrapped up over there...

Not my point.

Really, I was going to WOG because, other than a 15 minute portion of some occasional runs with Train, I hadn't ran with another person for about 4 months.

I'm sure that has a direct collation to my on and off motivations.

I could also use the speedwork.

I showed up late and kinda fell in on the outside of Randy's stretching circle. Looking around, I didn't see any of the like 2 familiar faces I know from WOG. With neither Mike or Dan in attendace (and a bunch of girls in workout shorts and sports bras) I was freaking out.

Then Randy called me to the middle -- pointing me out as the new guy -- and let everyone know that I couldn't count in other languages. It was a real self-esteem boost.

I ended up getting to run with some chick and two other guys for some 800 and 200's action. It was nice not being expected to set the pace so I just sorta floated off their shoulders and zoned out. It was alright and actually felt nice to get the legs moving a bit around 6 min pace after all the clunking along at sur-7 pace I've been doing. I figured the day's mileage (with the morning three) to be about 7.

Plus I'm getting to know people!!! I hear networking is important.

Damn being a shut in.

Anyways, I don't have class till 10 on Fridays so I was excited to get a couple extra hours of sleep before this mornings 3 miles on ODC. I was definitely feeling last night's session though. I didn't see Oved because he's in Indiana (with Jason) for pre-nats tomorrow.

I won't be running tonight as we have a soccer game and I feel like seeing what it's like to play high. Afterwards, our goalkeeper (and his midfielder wife) has Newcastle on tap at his place. It's gonna be hot.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?