Monday, October 30, 2006

 

It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

This morning was 30 minutes with Train. I pretty much just chilled on his shoulder as we left the driveway and proceded to run 'his way' -- northwest on the roads from the house -- a direction I never go except with him. In many ways I think this is good, the biggest pro being that I don't really know many markers along the way and I don't have any history on these routes that cause me to worry about my time/pace. Just as familiarity is beneficial so, I think, is uncertainty at other times.

I thought it was dick-ass cold out there at 6:20 and I was right as there was some sort of dew formed on the ground. I was sure to be wearing my cap on this trip. Train had some sort of dri-fit material, long-sleeve top.

As we took off I felt like this would be a good run. I knew that the tightness from last night's effort was just hiding so I was going to be sure to not be the one pushing the pace this morning. Also, I know Train did some sort of hilly run yesterday afternoon so I thought he might also be using today to just fill in some mileage.

When we reached Bum Park on 4th Ave (not to be confused with Bum Park Sur on South 4th Ave or Stone Avenue Bum Park) Train headed over to the restroom. I kinda stretched in the grass while I waited. This is when I saw, as soon as Train entered the restroom, some dude come out from around the building and moving towards the door. It seemed, at least to me, that this guy might be looking for 'an encounter'.

I thought about Dumb and Dumber where Lloyd (Jim Carrey) is in the bathroom when Sea Bass comes in 'for a good time'. He is forcing Lloyd to the ground when Harry busts in the bathroom with his pants on fire and kicks in the stall door in order to put out his flaming leg in the toilet water.

I looked around for someplace I could set my leg on fire should I need to save the day. No luck. It's all for the best as this guy, perhaps because of me, weaved away from the building and slurked over to his truck before driving off.

Train came out moments later, none the wiser I am sure, and we continued our 15 minutes out before heading home. I was glad we kept a collected pace for the run because I could feel the tiredness come on full force in the final mile or so. Straining it out, my watch said the return was only 20 seconds faster. Good pacing I suppose -- especially given that definite downhillness of the 'back' route.

I didn't put in an evening run but I don't think it's the end of the world. The legs were feeling pretty disgusting and I felt, in the long, it's better for me to just get my evening shit done and get in bed in hopes of a more productive day tomorrow. I am considering the 6:15 WOG session if my program is done in time. Anyone else going to be there?


WOG -- Dragons on Buzznet -- Dragons on Facebook

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?