Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

I said I minded distance, but distance owned us from the start.

Its very humbling to get your shit wrecked in a workout two days after having the best..err...fastest race of your career. The intervals, completed on the riverpath, were as follows: 3x2K (6:10) and 3x500.

For the first 2k, not everyone was completely warmed up yet we still managed to bust a 6:08 after going through the mile in 4:54. Then, for the second 2k, the team ran brilliantly hitting 6:04. It kind of felt like we were tripping over each other and almost holding back. For #3, the story changed slightly, for me at least, as the top 6 guys slipped away from me at 1200 meters to finish in 6:02 to my 6:12. However, the effort was certainly there so I wasn't too upset.

For the 500's, running controlled was out of the picture. At this point in the workout, I was quite exhausted and just tried to hold on. For the most part, I achieved this goal until the last interval where I got my socks blown off. I just couldn't run any faster as my all out isn't the same as some of the 4:00 milers on the team. Oh well, I just need to continue my scrappiness and keep running within myself.

After the workout, I came to the realization that it is a Colavito trait to race slightly better than workout. My bro, Kyle, has told me countless stories of training rides were he got dropped by guys he beat consistently in races. However, I think as I build more strength and confidence, I will be able to progress my training to the point where I am fearless and able to hammer with the best.

Anyways...

Comments:
I guess I'm one of the rare guys that Kyle was able to drop during training rides AND races.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?