Sunday, October 08, 2006

 

I nominate Beth Ditto and Karen O for positions on the Dragons coaching staff

"Explosions which create relationships are sporadic and terminating, but if you avoid the explosions you perdurably avoid intercourse."
CARL VAN VECHTEN

I open this entry with a quote from a man I know nothing about, which I read in a magazine I knew nothing about before I coughed up thirty bucks for a subscription. For those of you rubes who aren't aware, that's how charlatan intellectuals get things done.

Clearly I've fallen off the wagon of neatly encasing my training in consistent weekly blog entries. The past two weeks or whatever have been dominated by the demands of attending concerts and then successfully carrying off the following work day-- there was The Gossip on that one Tuesday, and then the Yeah Yeah Yeahs last Wednesday up in Tempe. Both shows made a happy customer out of me, and for both I stuck to my established training principle of solitude. Much as I prize the ideal of losing oneself in rock raptures at night and getting up the next morning, valiant and bleary-eyed, for a quality training session, it typically just isn't practical. So my progression of numbers and totals has been temporarily razed to dust, but what's important is that on Thursday night I saw the other side of thirty minutes of steady running for the first time in recent memory, and that on Saturday at dusk I had my best session on Tumamoc yet. The Hold Steady is rolling into town this Thursday, and although they'll be pissed about the Twins being out of the MLB playoffs, I still expect them to aquit themselves admirably on stage. Running remains in the back seat to a few other things for this week, but we'll see what happens.

Also, congrats to J on climbing another rung on the ladder of badassitude.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?