Monday, October 09, 2006

 

Everything that we survived, it's gonna be alright, just lucky we're alive

So we've finalized the Dragons logo we will be using for the uniforms and have narrowed the actually uniforms down to a couple styles colors. After a busy week of school that I have planned, I hope to open Tucson's finest screenprinting shops for bids on the Dragons uniforms project.

They will look good.

I'm also proud to announce that Mike "ChampionsEverywhere" Salkowski has agreed to run under the Dragon banner for the Turkey Trot. I'd like to start syndicating his blog once a week or so -- maybe when he does his weekly recaps (he's be like a high-mileage Train) and perhaps, he would like to come on as official member?

As far as my personal training goes -- I've not progressed since my last post. Some sort of tweak in the knee has had me walking funny since Friday night and I've elected to just chill until this evening, in hopes of giving it another go. I wasn't especially concerned about this on Saturday because I already met my previous week's mileage and had only planned some recovery running for 'junk miles' (though I think there is no such thing when you are as far under 40 miles a week as I am). I'm a bit perturbed about missing Sunday (the standard long-day in the world of running) as I really feel long jaunts can do nothing but help me now.

So, in order to salvage what I can here (and assuming tonight's run won't put me on the 90 day DL) I am going to just go ahead and start this on Monday instead Sunday. I normally like beginning with a Sunday because it allows me to set a tone for the week but, more importantly, it allows me to not put off work until the end of the week and then go -- oh, I'll just do 19 on Sunday.

I can't do 19 in two days right now. Even if I could, my next week would start off so bad that it'd turn into a vicious cycle.

Like how being a Congressman leads to corruption, which leads to trying to fuck children, which leads to coverups, which leads to uncoverings, which leads to lies about who knew, which leads to claims of alcoholism, priest molestation, and the potential that we may not be able to stay the course for many more decades, as planned.

So I've set this week (the one starting today)'s goals back at two hour-long efforts, get in at least one run in some sort of hilliness, and to clear 35 miles for the weeks total. At a 5 mpd average, this may require a two-a-day at some point. However, I just got a bicycle and I may incorporate some AM riding if I still feel that the legs are not recovering from the pounding in a reasonable manner. I just don't what the equivalent of riding to running kind of is.

Comments:
Count me in, and I'll do something special just for you guys so you won't have to just sydicate the usual tired Monday post. Don't worry, I'll keep it to once a week so as not to cramp anyone's style. Looking forward to seeing the jersey stuff.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?