Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

Bronco Invite Recap

Saturday I managed to accomplish a goal that I was fairly proud of. For 2 weeks I had been planning and thinking about the Bronco Invitational. I had spent probably a good 15 minutes a day, everyday thinking about this race after my disasterous effort at the SFSU Gator Invite at Golden Gate Park. Since the Bronco Invite is far and away the fastest course we run all year, I had figured that I could probably run anywhere from 28:10 (a minute and five seconds faster than my previous PR) and 29:10. I had figured my splits to be around 5:40, 5:40, 5:50, 5:50, 5:40 for a solid 28:40ish. Realistically, I didn't want any over-6 minute miles as I had been consistantly breaching that mark during the 4th mile of the race. Here is how everything panned out:

5:24 for as quick as this mile was for me personally, I was very, very deep into the back of the pack at the start of the race.

5:43 I fell off pace a lot harder than I usually do probably due the expeditious first mile

5:46 ...hanging on
note: I had never broken 17 minutes for a 3 mile race prior (16:53 3 mile split)

5:47 I just battled for mile 4. I kept picking people off and it was energizing to do so

5:33 I ran the last mile with our squad's number one guy something that I have never done.

All for a solid 28:15 and a minute drop in my PR. And after that, I went to watch UA trounce Stanford 20-7 in the most uneventful football game I have ever seen.

Comments:
Petey,
You're officially a faster xc man than I ever was.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?