Tuesday, October 10, 2006

 

Blood on the track

Todays workout was 5x1600 with a goal pace of 5:20. The planned recovery was a 400 jog however, this turned to 100 walk, 200 jog, 100 walk from the first one. For the first four, I hit 5:25-5:27. The last one, the bear jumped on my back for a 5:36 with what felt like a 10 minute last half mile.

I really am at a loss for trying to figure out what i should be able to run for a 8k race. I can run fast on the track, historically, interval work on trails gives me a problems. My goal for this Saturday is still to throw down a 28. The season so far has been one of disappointment due to injury and sickness, and accomplishing a goal would really feel pretty sweet.

My feet were bleeding at a pretty fair rate for the last two as I was running sockless in my spikes. I am trying to build up a nice callous but it is not working as planned.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?