Thursday, October 26, 2006

 

Ante Up

Well, as the Conference Meet draws closer, there are a few things on my mind. Firstly my legs are sore and tired and have been since the success at the Bronco Invite. I am going to ice them today to see if I can't dull little pain. Our workouts this week have been odd, Monday was 16x200m in 33 seconds, Tuesday was a hill run and yesterday was 5x2 minutes equal rest fartlek. I did not do the hilly run and I half-assed the fartlek. Wow, that last sentence was awkward. I do not understand how hills and intervals are going to reap benefits a mere 4 days before the big one.

I have not had a successful go at Crystal Springs yet in my short career. However, 2 weeks after smashing my PR by a minute, I have to think that I am in the best shape I have ever been in my life. I embarrassingly admit that I have yet to dip below 30 at this race. In 04 i ran 30:56 and 05 a dismal 31:04. My goal this year is to significantly drop that time. I am putting my goal time in the 28:10-28:30 range. This is a pretty ludicrous goal. Should I man up and run under 28:30, I will be overjoyed and the early trouble this season will be forgotten.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?