Friday, August 11, 2006

 

The universe is shaped exactly like the earth if you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

As of late, my running has been OK but I have felt pretty shitty health wise. I am pretty sure that I am getting a little sick which I contribute to the high mileage week of last and the minimal sleep I got in the preceding days. Anyways, I think I can rebound with some quality sleep and alot of vitamin C.

Yesterday, Dylan and I did a tempo run at Reid Park much like last week. My entire day was spent prepping for this run so I expected much more. However, my body did not deliver at all. I knew that I was fucked when, right before the run, I was incredibly drowsing and I felt a sinus headache coming on.

The effort started with a 5:13 mile followed by a 5:19 mile. Then, after 2.5 miles, I felt like I was going beyond my threshold. So, I made a conscious decision to run the entire 3 miles and stop. So, I pulled out a 5:20 mile and called it quits. Then, 30 seconds later, Dylan came by which made me feel like a pussy. So, I decided to not listen to my body and keep going which lead me to a 5:30 mile.

After the run, I felt like I had wimped out (which I had) and, at the same time, was upset that I didn't listen to what my body prescribed.

Today, I got in 4.5 miles as a morning run and still didn't feel too great. Hopefully, a relaxing day at work followed by an easy 8 miles will improve my health and gear me up for next week when practice starts.

By the end of the day, I will be at 41.5 miles for the week which started on Tuesday. So, I figure I will put in about 80 miles for the 7 day span.

I need to get ready for work.

Comments:
If you want to kill what's left of your immune system, you can join Lucas and me for 2 hours on Sunday. No word on baked goods as of yet. You can bring Daniel-son if he's running these days.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?