Thursday, August 24, 2006

 

Runnin' on Benadryl

Today's scheduled workout was an interval set of 6x30-60-90 seconds in the faltlek style. I have been sick since my arrival at school so I sat the interval work out and ran a nice 7 miler at just under 7 minute pace. I felt very good about the run because the first mile of the route I took was a fairly strenuous mile-long climb.

I finally feel like my body is recovering enough to put forth hard efforts. Running when sick is a bit of a double-edged sword. Some days after a run I feel like I sweat out all the ickey feelings in my body and after a shower I'm ship-shape. Conversely however are the days where you run, suck wind, get home and take medicine and just hit the hay again. The running has been making me feel better, but I am crossing the line by trying to go out twice a day and still reap the benefits.

It was also nice to get a solo run in during the season. Once the season starts it is usually all about the group run. Running solo, obviously you make youself uncomfortable/comfortable whenever you please and do not have to worry about the effect of your pace change on the group.

On a side note, my school has completely failed me as far as my housing situation goes. I have slept in 3 different beds over the past seven days and my car is still full of most of my non-running crap as they failed to adequetely house me until my building actually opens up tommorow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?