Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Rain King

Yesterday I was supposed to do 30 mins in the morning and 30 in the pm. However, due to my snoozing, I didn't hit the road until late and decided to cut short the morning run.

This meant I would have to do 35 in the afternoon. Which was all fine in theory but then the monsoon storm came. I waited for about an hour and finally decided that I had to get out. The rain had died down some (which is never saying a lot because it still stings a little) and I do appreciate Tucson storms because they are still warm.

As I laced up, Train came in and asked if I was planning on running so we went out together. My little back-desert route to Reid Park was dark and quite flooded in places but it was nearly a joy to run through it all.

At Reid Park I noticed that the ditch which runs parellel to Country Club was waist deep. So I made sure to run through it a couple times. That was fun.

Then I got whistled at on my return trip.

But I think my Nike air pocket might have broken. If felt wierd when I was coming in. I need to check it out though.

Am: 25 mins; PM: 44 mins. All easy (just like everything I do these days)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?