Wednesday, August 23, 2006

 

Passing slowly through a vector

During the past few runs I have finally come to the realization that I am in fairly decent shape. In the past, when I have been fairly fit, the days I did not feel so swell would still be good but not great.

Today, I guess you can say that I had a good run. The workout called for a 25 minute fartlek run of 3x2x1x3x2x1x3x2 minutes with half recovery. So, after the 3 minute portion, we would jog 1:30 and so on.

I felt decent until the second 3 minute hard section where I realized that I was actually running hard and would have to possibly experience a little aerobic debt. However, for the most part, I was right below my threshold which I am happy about as we were running about 4:40 pace or faster for the hard sections.

I noticed something about fartlek runs today. Whenever you look at your watch, you realize how much more hard running you have to do. And, it seems that every time I would glance at the watch, I would not be even close to done with the interval. So, I decided that, for the next fartlek workout I do, I will not look at my watch as to train the mind to work hard and discount external measures.

Anyways, tomorrow we have an easy day on tap followed by some moderate running on Friday. Then, in the wee hours of the morning on Saturday, we are more than likely hitting up Patrick's loop for a long and potentially fast long run.

Bear down.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?