Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Oh, I'm ready for it. Come on, bring it!

Yetman Trail in the scenic Tucson Mountains has always been a special place for me. The trail was part of a 14 mile loop C. Dye and I would run once a week my freshman year and I contribute it to developing me as a runner.

You see, Rudy, every time we ran Yetman, it would quickly evolve into a tempo run as we would often run the last 5 miles of the course under 6:00 pace. I certainly believe the course over Yetman greatly developed my mental and physical strength.

This summer, I have not been using Yetman as a launch pad for a long run but rather Yetman has become merely portion of a moderate to hard 10 miler. Well, I would say moderate is rarely the pace I run on the trail--for this summer at least.

Anyways, while I always enjoy runs on the trail, during the past few weeks, my life has been threatened enroute. Last week, for instance, Dylan and I were caught in the middle of a huge thunderstorm in the middle of run and had to be rescued by Chris. Then, yesterday, we encountered not one, not two, not three, but four rattlesnakes all within a mile and a half of each other.

I came up with two reasons why we came across these snakes on the run:

1. Yetman does not want us on his trail
2. It was a sign that we need to see Snakes On A Plane this Friday

I will let you all decide.

Comments:
I liked the letsrun post asking how to avoid rattlers and the response was, "You see, rattlesnakes have this thing called a rattle..."

It killed me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?