Monday, August 07, 2006

 

Obviously... you're not a golfer.

I think I speak on behalf of all the Dragons when I say that the Big Lebowski is a favorite movie. I indulged in a little mediocre bowling with my dad last night which pushed the run back a little today. I went out at 5:30 and it was 96 degrees. Yikes. I pressed on for a quick, intense 5 miles. Surprisingly, the heat really wasn't incredibly painful. When I compete, I find that my performances fall off when it is pretty cold. I need to start coming up with some cold weather strategies, until then, I'll enjoy the heat.

I got a pair of Nike Free's about 3 weeks ago and have been kicking around the house wearing them. In High School, I pronated severely due to my extremely flat feet. I can say that in the few weeks of wearing the Free's around combined with just not wearing shoes around the house that often, my feet and lower legs feel stronger. They are incredibly comfortable just for daily use and surprisingly nice to run in. I guess the barefoot-running principle comes from the fact that the sole is cushioned, but the way it is broken up forces the "pop" of a running stride on actual foot rather than the stiffness of the sole of a regular running shoe.

On a side note, I hope I don't catch West Nile as a result of the 98364324 mosquito bites on my feet and ankles.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?