Monday, August 21, 2006

 

It's Taken Me All This Time To Find Out What I Need, Yeah

I don't do enough core work. Hell, I don't do enough running. So this morning as I got up from my seat I noticed that my midsection was quite sore. I was pretty surprised given that I haven't done any worthwhile running since last Friday and no core work since prolly a week before that.

I thought about my 25 minute trot this morning and, as I walked to my second class, concluded that I was finally starting to make some worthwhile *tweaks* to my form.

You see, I run pretty much completely with my legs. My shoulders scrunch up, my head kinda drops to a side or back, and I pretty much just let my legs to the trick. This is something I have been trying to work on but having weakass arms and legs willing to compensate, well, after a couple focused miles, I just end up feeling goofy and then getting that collarbone pain thing.

I swear that shit is the worst. It will stop me dead in my tracks sometimes.

Anyways, my soreness today is kinda focused to around -- what I understand are called -- obliques (and a little bit to the back). I supposed an increase (rather, introduction) in arm drive in recent runs has just finally added up. I was feeling pretty confident about my accomplishments as I walked home poking at my sore spots.

Then I stepped in the front door and noticed my golf clubs were sitting in the living room. I came back down from this cloud.

I had gone to the driving range last night. After not swinging a club for probably over a year, the soreness was most definitely due to the golf practice and not my running.

Back to the drawing board I suppose.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?