Friday, August 18, 2006

 

It Be Friday

Well, I'd say my days of running around/through the University campus are over for another 18 weeks or so.

Some mornings I like to run around campus because it's about an easy 4 mile loop. It's not much for softness but it really is good for mornings that I'd like to knock out the mileage kinda quickly.

Not that those days have been around recently...

I do pass through campus a lot though. When Omni used to live near UMC, I would run to his place and it was quicker to pass through campus (plus I didn't have to breathe in the exhaust from afternoon traffic) without having to travel on a busy Euclid or Campbell Aves.

I don't like people watching me when I'm running. It's just a personal thing but I actively try to not be running on the sidewalks or anything if it is avoidable. Obviously workouts are an exception...but for day to day mileage, I would just prefer to stay on back routes to get miles in.

For me, campus is just THE WORST place to run during the year. Not only am I being watched, but I am being watched by people who may know me. I am being watched by chicks that I don't need looking at my hairy-ass shoulders and farmer-ass tan. I'm also still quite soft and probably not doing enough about it. Today we baked chocolate chip cookies out of bordom (Not to be confused with BODOM). So when I go through campus, I can't help but book it. In the spring I ran over to the Running Shop to meet up for the group run. On what was supposed to be a day of 7-min pace miles, I went through campus in about 5:15 and didn't even notice until I was safely on Mountain.

It's a form of anxiety I guess. Probably low self-esteem coupled with poor self-image and insecurity with how fast I train.

Boo-hoo, right? I think I need to stop being such a faggot. I'm in the back seat!

Tonight was alright though. I did 54 mins. It didn't up being as far as I had hoped but at least I am getting the enduance -- the speed can always come later.

Yesterday was 'fast' for me so I feel pretty torn up. This likely means tomorrow will be a couple easy runs and a Sidewinders game.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?