Thursday, August 03, 2006

 

I like watchin' the puddles gather rain

Getting up this morning proved difficult as usual. I don't know why I hit snooze as often as I do. Its probably because I am lazy. Regardless, I woke up eventually and set out for 45 minutes on River Parkway. Having been turned away from my usual stomping grounds due to the recent storming, I was a bit anxious to see the conditions of the path. Firstly, I took initiative to park in the lot on the north side of the river on Swan as this was the very location where I was turned away from on Tuesday when I tried to simply get a drink of water while running on River Road. I was turned away by a sheriff who asked me if I could read the yellow tape that was impedeing my progress, I wanted to ask her if she knew where the nearest Dunkin' Donuts was as it looked like she knew her way around the powdered and jellied variety. My attempt to explain that I was not going to try and go swimming, and that I did not want to drink out of the river itself, but the fountain, was put down and I was sent angrily on my way.

Regardless, it was nice to run alongside some moving, although dirty water in relatively nice weather. There were a few points on the path that had been heavily littered with brush and shrub due to the overflow, but nothing too intense. I was mostly worried about the cactus on the path and tried to keep a careful eye out as not to become a pincushion.

So all in all after a moderate 45 minutes, the legs felt fine, I had no problems with the troubled ankle and things are lookin up.

Comments:
petey!-

Our SMC connection.

This shit is blowing up!
 
Uhh -oh yeah, I forget to tell you -- I picked up petie for Dragons.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?