Wednesday, August 09, 2006

 

Everything that we’ve found says make your own destiny

I capped off my 88 mile week on Monday morning after a 16 mile run in and around Midtown. The night before I planned on running to Dan's new home, meeting up with him and running around Reid Park, and then running home which I accomplished. I also planned on sleeping 8 hours. This, however, did not happen.

I suffered insomnia for most of the nigh until I fell asleep a little after 3 AM only to wake up 2 hours later for the run. Surprisingly, I felt great during the run and only really suffered the last 10 minutes of the run. I managed 6:35 pace for the duration which is not cruising but I will take it.

Yesterday, for the run, Chris, Dylan, and I decided to run the Pima West loop after I got off work. So, we rolled into the Pima campus around 6:35 and got right down to business. There was some cloud buildup to the Southeast and I, for one, did not want to get caught in a huge thunderstorm. However, once I crested the summit of the climb on Yetman trail, I realized that evading the storm may not be in the books. So, adrenaline got the best of me and I began to hammer.

Based on my memory, I think I made it through the Yetman portion of the loop far quicker than I ever have. Then, once I made it on to Speedway, I really dropped the hammer and was running an estimated 5:20 pace.

At this point, the storm was just heading straight toward me and Dylan which was quite intimidating as there was a strike of lightning every few seconds. After 54:00 of hard running, Chris who fortunately did a 7 mile out and back came to our rescue a mile from Campus as we hopped in to the safety of the Expedition.

A run in a thunderstorm is certainly a great way to began a week of training.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?