Sunday, August 13, 2006

 

And so I thought I’d let you know that these things take forever...

This past week of training certainly has had it ups and its downs. I felt like garbage for most of the week but did gut it out to have a 7 day cumulative total of 92 miles. However, mixed in the 92 miles was a botched tempo run and a day hindered by some food poisoning thanks to the folks at Los Betos.

Anyways, after morning run of 4.5 miles and a 11 mile effort yesterday evening, I arrived at Mike's early this morning to join the usual suspects for a run of 2 hours. Granted, I was tired from the run I completed a mere 9 hours past but was definitely ready to end the week as well. So, after some initial stomach issues, I settled into a manageable pace and really did not hit the wall until gut check alley at mile 12 or so. Then, I decided to pick up the pace the last 3 miles of the run which required more effort than expected.

Once I rolled up to Mike's subdivision, I began to cramp up forcing me to jog it in. I think I was slightly dehydrated and, thus, cramped.

When all was said and done, the run took 1:49 for 16.2 miles or so which, according to my calculations, is right around 6:45 pace.

I am tired.

Its time for a nap.

Comments:
Saying you went to Los Betos and got food poisoning is like saying you went for a swim in the ocean and you got wet. Nico's forever!

Good run today, I enjoyed the company at least.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?