Friday, July 28, 2006

 

I'm leavin' you haters like when Shaq left the Lakers just to "Heat" it up

From now on, my training/running based entries will not pollute athleticswest dot blogspot dot come but instead will be limited to the Dragons! training blog.

Yesterday, I decided to do some hill repeats on the road up to Bear Canyon. The workout consisted of 3x3 200 meter progressions. So, basically, I would run 200 meters up the hill. Recover. Run 400 meters up the hill. Recover. Then, I would run 600 meters up the hill and repeat the progression.

The workout went alright to say the least. I am definitely not used to the feeling of being anaerobic which occurred during the long interval. However, it was quite refreshing to run during a rainstorm which cooled things off dramatically for me.

All in all, it was a decent day at the office as I got in a workout and still put in 11 miles.

Because I had the day off, Dylan and I decided to hit up McKale to do some plyos, core work, and some lifting. Basically, we drove to McKale just to get out of the house as we easily could have done all that work here at the house. However, I guess it was worth the trip as we saw both Richard Jefferson AND Luke Walton...WOW!

This morning, I ran an easy 8 miles putting me at 52 mile for the week. The goal mileage for the week is 80 but I may fall short of that mark. However, I am going to set myself up for that mileage with an 8 mile run in the AM tomorrow morning and 4-5 in the evening. Then, on Sunday, I am going to put in 15 miles which should put me right around 80.

This weekend is going to suck.

Later

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?